Sunday 24 February 2013

Lego Cakes!

My cousin James had his 17th birthday earlier this month, and as a surprise, Becca and I decided to make him mini Lego cakes! The idea was taken from a post over on Pinterest (I don't have the link but I'm sure Becca does), but we took a slightly different approach.



The original poster had only covered the tops of the cakes with coloured icing; we decided to go a step further and cover the entire cakes with coloured fondant! While the colours didn't turn out as dark as actual Lego blocks, we still achieved what we sought after and even James knew what they were without us telling him!

It took us ages to finish them, and of course, being a perfectionist, I took longer than Becca did to do each cake. While they aren't perfect squares or rectangles, they still looked like the Lego blocks we aimed to create.

0 comments: