Friday 12 April 2013

Tutorials Related to Cakes?

Hi! It's Bec here. Hayley and I haven't been doing much with cakes at the moment, but we do hope to pick things up when my little sister's birthday comes around - I've offered to make her cake!

My idea for that would be "Fake Ice-cream Cone" cupcakes, topped with a vanilla buttercream, with a flake in the side. Maybe sprinkles. I'm hoping some will be completely plain (No colours, or preservatives for my colour/preservative intolerant sister) and then some other flavours and colours.

I really hope Hayley and I can pull it off.

Alright, so the main point of the post - tutorials. Hayley and I have planned to sometimes do small tutorials. We won't promise professional results - we are only amateurs at this point! The tutorials will mainly be things that we have learned and felt like a light bulb moment for us.

This will help, I suppose, busy up our blog rather than it sit here waiting for us to make cakes. Even practise runs could be posted.

The first tutorial I hope to post is about lining square/circle tins. I'll even research how to line oddly shaped tins. (Should be the same method as the circle tin.) I'm thinking about providing two different ways of lining - perfectionist (Hayley's area!) and/or everyday baking.

Not sure yet, but it might just be worth it. :)

0 comments: