Friday 20 September 2013

Bridal Shower Rainbow Cake




Hi guys! I'm finally becoming active! Hayley and I recently did a cake for our friend's bridal shower (Of which I am a bridesmaid for! :p) and it was amazing.
Hayley, my friend's sister, her best friend and I kept the rainbow part of the cake a secret, so seeing (And hearing!) the reaction of my friend was priceless - a very loud, excited gasp!

Here are the process photos and final result pictures:



So much creaming had to be done! D:





Hayley and I recently bought (Or my mum bought...) gel colours specifically for this project. Do not use liquid food colouring for rainbow cakes! Gel colours keep the consistency of the batter, and turn out much brighter and more vibrant than liquid colours.















We rolled hundreds and thousands into the fondant, and had to use two packets of pre-made fondant - even then it wasn't enough, and the fondant was too thin, thus it tore.

But we tried our best to patch-work it, and it still turned out great.





Everyone was pretty impressed :)

Now that my college term is over, and I have 3 weeks of holidays, Hayley and I have a lot of baking to do! Except, wait... I forgot, I still have a week of exams... >.>

0 comments: